Chance to Participate in a Research Study
John Hampton, a doctoral learner under the direction of Professor June Maul in the College of Doctoral Studies at Grand Canyon University, asked to participate in a research study that could benefit our church and other Church of God congregations. John Hampton is conducting a research study entitled “Enterprise Risk Management: How Do Churches Use It?” This study aims to understand how Church of God leaders and others that help with church management identify and evaluate their risks and opportunities either formally or informally when planning their goals and objectives. The study will also identify how this process helped to improve churches’ performance.
John is recruiting leaders from Church of God churches based on the information below:
You can participate in this study if:
- Your church is recognized by Church of God Ministries, Inc. as a member of the General Assembly of the Church of God in the United States and Canada.
- Your church has 250 or fewer full-time employees.
- Your church reported less than $7.5 million in annual revenues at the last fiscal year-end.
- Your church performs some form of operational or strategic planning to reach its goals.
- You have a role directly or indirectly in strategic planning, including establishing and managing initiatives and risk management.
You cannot participate in this study if:
- Your church is not recognized by Church of God Ministries, Inc., as a member of the General Assembly of the Church of God in the United States and Canada.
- Your church has greater than 250 full-time employees.
- Your church reported $7.5 million in annual revenue at its last fiscal year-end.
- Your church does not perform some form of operations or strategic planning to reach its goals.
- You have no role directly or indirectly in strategic planning, including establishing and managing initiatives and risk management.
To participate in the study:
- Follow the link below to enter the study.
- Read and check “yes” at the end of the Informed Consent form outlining disclosures relating to participating in the study.
- Complete the online questionnaire (Risk Management Best Practices and Benefits Questionnaire) lasting 10 to 15 minutes.
Your participation in this study is voluntary. John will not pay you to participate in this study. Yet, if you participate in the interview, John will enroll you in a random drawing with a chance to receive one of three $50 cash gift cards. If you participate in the second questionnaire, John will enter a second drawing to receive one of three $50 cash gift cards. He will pay the incentive at the end of the study.
John will protect all data in this study by the following:
- He will de-identify data so that no one will know the source of the data.
- He will keep and store in a different location the list of participant names and codes assigned on a separate USB drive from the data analysis.
- On a password-protected and encrypted computer, he will keep all questionnaire and interview data collected, including transcripts and recordings. John will be the only one who can access the information.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please click on the link to access the study information. Your response is due by November 30, 2022. If you have any additional questions about the study, please contact John Hampton directly at 310-630-7928 or Jhampton10@my.gcu.edu.
Click link below to access study information and participate: