CARE provides one-on-one financial coaching for pastors, compensation structuring, personalized goal-setting, and encouragement.
Already a CARE Pastor?
You have already benefited from CARE financial coaching and cash assistance.
The CARE project provides financial assistance over a 3 year period. The assistance will be apportioned on a sliding scale, decreasing each year. The intent is to equip congregational boards with awareness of best practices in pastoral compensation.
The following parameters outline additional benefits for you from CARE. To re-apply for these additional benefits, return pastors must:
1) Be a registered Church of God minister and congregation
2) Agree to meet with the CARE Financial Planning Coach one time for a 1-hour follow-up conversation
In addition, the pastor’s board must be willing to contribute to the pastor’s retirement account (min. $600 annually).
2019 assistance awards: $1,500 — total for retirement and/or education debt
Want to become a CARE Pastor?
COMING JANUARY 2020
A 2019 pilot group of pastors and congregations is working to establish program processes for roll out to qualifying pastors and congregations in 2020.
In 2020, CARE financial coaching and cash assistance are available to active pastors in Church of God congregations, who are:
1) 40 years old or younger (as of January 2019)
2) 10 years or less credentialed in ministry (as of January 2019)
3) Registered Church of God minister and congregation
4) In agreement to arrange a training session conversation between their governing board and the CARE Congregational Compensation Coach
5) Pastoring congregations less than 250 weekend attendance
and whose boards are:
6) Willing to contribute to the pastor’s retirement account (min. $600 annually)
2019 assistance awards: $3,500 — total for retirement and/or education debt