CARE provides one-on-one financial coaching for pastors, compensation structuring, personalized goal-setting, and encouragement.
Want to become a CARE Pastor?
We’re ready to help.
The CARE project provides financial assistance for pastors over a 3 year period. The assistance will be apportioned on a sliding scale, decreasing each year. The intent is to equip congregational boards with awareness of best practices in pastoral compensation.
Current CARE pastors and interested pastors click Apply Now:
CARE financial coaching and financial assistance are available to active pastors in Church of God congregations, who are:
1) As of January 2020:
- 40 years old or younger, OR
- 10 years or less credentialed in ministry, OR
- leading a congregation less than 10 years old
2) Registered Church of God minister and congregation
3) In agreement to arrange a training session conversation between their governing board and the CARE Congregational Compensation Coach
4) Pastoring congregations less than 250 weekend attendance
and whose boards are:
5) Willing to contribute to the pastor’s retirement account (min. $600 annually)
- For information on the Church of God retirement plan, visit: www.servantsolutions.org.
Upon completion of congregational board coaching and pastor personal finance coaching, first year funds will be released to qualifying pastors for Servant Solutions retirement accounts and student loan assistance, $3500.