Want to become a CARE Congregation?
Your board (or financial decision makers) wants to strengthen the well-being of your pastor and seek to become a CARE Congregation.
The CARE project provides financial assistance for pastors over a 3 year period. The assistance will be apportioned on a sliding scale, decreasing each year. The intent is to equip congregational boards with awareness of best practices in pastoral compensation.
CARE financial coaching and financial assistance are available to active pastors in Church of God congregations, who are:
1) As of January 2020:
- 40 years old or younger, OR
- 10 years or less credentialed in ministry, OR
- leading a congregation less than 10 years old
2) A registered Church of God minister and congregation
3) In agreement to arrange a training session conversation between their governing board and the CARE Congregational Compensation Coach
4) Pastoring congregations less than 250 weekend attendance
and whose boards are:
5) Willing to contribute to the pastor’s retirement account (min. $600 annually)
Upon completion of congregational board coaching and pastor personal finance coaching, first year funds will be released to qualifying pastors for Servant Solutions retirement accounts and student loan assistance, $3500.