Want to become a CARE Congregation?
Your board (or financial decision makers) wants to strengthen the well-being of your pastor and seek to become a CARE Congregation.
The CARE project provides financial assistance over a 3 year period. The assistance will be apportioned on a sliding scale, decreasing each year. The intent is to equip congregational boards with awareness of best practices in pastoral compensation.
In 2020, CARE financial coaching and cash assistance are available to active pastors in Church of God congregations, who are:
1) 40 years old or younger (as of January 2019)
2) 10 years or less credentialed in ministry (as of January 2019)
3) Registered Church of God minister and congregation
4) In agreement to arrange a training session conversation between their governing board and the CARE Congregational Compensation Coach
5) Pastoring congregations less than 250 weekend attendance
and whose boards are:
6) Willing to contribute to the pastor’s retirement account (min. $600 annually)
Upon completion of a pastor compensation consultation with board leaders, funds can be released to qualifying pastors for Servant Solution retirement accounts and student loan assistance, $3500.