We are currently accepting applications for the following positions with Church of God Ministries. These positions will be open until qualified applicants have been identified.
All positions listed for full-time employment include a comprehensive benefits package. Resumes and applications may be submitted at any time. Read the job description completely and note any specific requests for additional information. All additional information should be sent with the resume. E-mail is preferred:
Paste your resume and any other required documents into the body of the e-mail or send your document as an attachment. In the subject line indicate the position for which you are applying. Send the email to Joyce Hazen at JHazen@chog.org.
Data Systems Specialist—IT
Job Requirements: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant provides excellent analytical skills and has a thorough knowledge of Not-for-Profit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). A successful candidate demonstrates the ability to work well with a team and provide great customer service to our staff and constituents.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Posts and Reconciles Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Reconciles Cash Accounts Monthly
- Posts and Reconciles Investments Monthly
- Reconciles various Balance Sheet Accounts Monthly
- Performs various month-end and year-end close processes
- Assists Controller in reviewing and revising processes and procedures
- Assists Controller in evaluating and improving internal controls
- Identifies errors and suggests ways to improve efficiencies
- Provides financial analysis of various projects for the Controller to review
- Provides suggestions to Controller that improve financial performance and spending
- Assists with Annual Audit
- Prepares internal reporting for other departments and management so that all interested parties can make accurate financial decisions
- Monitors Budget vs. Actual Reports for all projects
- Monitors Positive Pay exceptions
- Various other tasks as assigned
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial information. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that all financial information is entered and reconciled in a timely manner. The Senior Accountant is an analytical role that will help the organization grow. This position must also be a good customer service advocate for the organization and serve customers and coworkers to their best ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA Certification a plus
- 2 – 4 years of related experience required
- Public Accounting Experience a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Including all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Blackbaud Financial Edge is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Positive attitude towards learning new tasks is required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the accounting team that provides financial assistance to the organization.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to Ashley Kikly at email@example.com.
Church Open Positions
Church open positions have been discontinued on this page at this time in favor of the more effective and secure CHOG Ministry Connector. If you are a church affiliated with the Church of God (Anderson, IN) or a minister seeking credentialing or currently credentialed by the Church of God (Anderson, IN), you are invited to create an introductory profile at http://CHOGMinistryConnector.com.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Rev. Xen Riggs, MDiv, CHOG Ministry Connector Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 848-2464 x2182.
Columbus, IN (serving multiple surrounding counties)
Compensation: hourly plus mileage
HR Contact: Jennifer Pasyanos, email@example.com, (812) 314-8054
Mid-America Christian University
Warner Pacific College
For a complete listing of open positions, please see the college human resources page.